More random thoughts while pounding out the miles both on the road and on my trusty treadmill:
- Why did everyone swoon over Han Solo instead of Luke Skywalker?
- Why do people put their mobiles on speaker and then hold the phone up next to their mouths? Do they think that speakerphone is the same thing as “hands free”?
- Why do people treat public toilets like pigsties? Would you walk away from an unflushed toilet in your home or at your office? I think people just get gross in public areas. I always try to leave a public restroom better than when I came in, which usually means taking an extra paper towel and wiping up the area around the sink. It’s a small gesture but I think it helps and it makes me feel good.
- Why are there always a few who need to unbuckle their seatbelts on the plane before the “fasten seatbelt” sign is turned off? Do you really feel constricted by that little belt? So much so that you couldn’t bear another 30 seconds of wearing it?
- Why do people wear sunglasses indoors? Do they think they really look that cool? I think they look silly, not cool.
And the thought processor churns on…